NAS
RS3621xs+
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hello,
Our company has three locations. Currently, all data is stored in the central nas and they connect through VPN. However, although they have a very good internet connection, some of them have very low VPN transfer speed. I suspect that this is due to a bottleneck between the locations, else I don´t have any explanation why only from that location and with a gigabit internet speed, the VPN transfer speed is 4-5mbps, while others from other locations who use VPN have transfers of 100-200mbps.
Therefore I thought of installing two more local NAS at the remote locations, to sync with the central one. For one question I didn´t find any answer, and it´s critical: What if one user from location A is opening file 1, after 2 minutes one user from location B is opening the same file 1, user from location A saves and closes the file and then later user from location B saves and closes the file? Is there any feature to lock files which are open on a synced nas? Or what would be the solution for such critical files?
Thanks in advance,
Michael

Does the ISP at the problematic site apply QoS and packet shaping, or maybe you have this in your intranet/perimeter infrastructure? I'm assuming you are using site-to-site VPN with concentrators terminating each end, not user-to-LAN/site remote access.

Or there may be traffic control rules on the NAS?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.