sync content of a directory which is shared by ubuntu and W10 (dual boot)

Currently reading
sync content of a directory which is shared by ubuntu and W10 (dual boot)

Hello,
I am used to use Synology Drive from windows, ubuntu and macOS. But I enter a special case today for which I did not really find any helpful hints on the web.
I installed a double boot ubuntu/W10 on a computer. I want my remote data to be synced on that computer in a single directory (do not want to sync in one directory for w10 and in another for ubuntu what would lead to have the same data 2 times on the same HD).
So, using Synology drive, I sync from w10 in a directory located on a NTFS partition hoping that I can simply also sync it from ubuntu. Well, once I try doing this from ubuntu, Synology Drive tell me I cannot write in that directory and I cannot proceed any further. Note that I can access that directory from ubuntu, but the sync files are access-protected. If I create a file on the same partition from windows, I can access and modify it from ubuntu. So, it seems to me that the protection rights are coming from the synology drive sync process.
Can anyone help me in achieving what I want ?

Thanks for posting this question - I have the exact question! I have dual booted win 10 and ubuntu 20.04. My D: drive partition is where both windows and ubuntu can read/write from, but when I try to setup Synology Drive on ubuntu, it says I don't have write privileges. Any insights or suggestions would be much appreciated!

This is also important to me. Many people have Dual-Boot systems.
We sync large amounts of data so it's very inefficient to duplicate it AGAIN!
Synology, please make it possible and/or explain how to do it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.