Sync Folders in 2 NAS ( DS110J vs DS211J)

Currently reading
Sync Folders in 2 NAS ( DS110J vs DS211J)

NAS
DJ110 J
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hi;
I want to create schedule sync task for the 2 shared folders in 2 different NAS.
My old NAS is DSM 5.2 (DS110J)
The other NAS is DSM 6.2.4 (DS211J)
They are in same local network.

I can't setup the Hyper Backup and I can't see the rsync settings in old NAS DS110J.
I can't see the Webdav settings in DS211J)
What is your suggestion for my problem.
Thank You

I can't see the 'Shared folder sync' in DS110J. It's DSM is 5.2 and doesn't support rsync

Last edited:
It's DSM is 5.2 and doesn't support rsync
From DSM 5.2 User Guide...
ou70t9B.png

I think there is a problem about my NAS.
I can't see Backup & Replication menu in Control Panel even in Advanced Mode.

If this is a one time sync/copy... you could mount the 110J on an empty folder in 211J's File Station, then copy/move files across using the File Station interface. But for scheduled sync... I don't know how you would do that unless you can run rsync from the command line on the 110J.

I can't see Backup & Replication menu in Control Panel even in Advanced Mode.
You list DJ110J (DS110j) and then mention DS110j and DS211j, but mostly you don't say which of NAS you are currently talking about.

DS211j running DSM 6 will have this in Control Panel.
1620212243220.png

DSM 6.2 user guide

DSM 5.2 user guide

From within the NAS you should see a Search box that will look for items related to whatever you want. Alternatively, most windows in DSM have '?' icon that leads to the related help page. Or you can access help using this...
1620212826758.png

Incidentally, have you had these two NAS for a long time and only now decided to either use them or do something different, or have you just bought them and trying to set them up?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.