NAS
RS3621xs+
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hello,
Our company has two locations and as there seems to be a speed bottleneck between the two locations and we have quite large files, we went for the solution main NAS at the HQ and secondary NAS at the second location. I synced these through Synology Drive ShareSync.
The sync process began early january and advanced slowly but constant. Three days ago the remote NAS had to be shut down for one day. After turning on, the drivesync showed that all files are synced. I hoped that it will perform an indexing and comparison with the HQ-nas, so I waited another 2 days, but it still shows that all files are synced, although, as you can see in the images below, there's a lot missing.

Snapshot Synology DriveSync remote NAS:
Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 09.28.50.png

Files count and size on the main NAS (HQ) - 1.49TB, ~1,5 mil. files
Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 09.38.24.png

Files count and size on the remote NAS (location 2) -
Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 09.41.15.png

Is there any way to force recheck or how should I solve this issue?

Thank you!

Reread the Synology Drive manual. SD has several file types and naming conventions which are ignored. Perhaps that is an issue. Rsync or Shared Folder Sync, may be a better tool (one way)

Reread the Synology Drive manual. SD has several file types and naming conventions which are ignored. Perhaps that is an issue. Rsync or Shared Folder Sync, may be a better tool (one way)
Thanks for your reply, Telos. Been there, done that. That's why I added .

As I need two-way, this seemed to me the best option. But what's strange is that some folders with same filetypes are synced, other folders are empty. Before shutdown it said it still has 10000 files to sync (in fact, it always showed 10000 files, which for me meant "more than 10000", as probably this was the queue size), then after startup it directly showed that all files are synced.

Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 14.35.05.png

Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 14.35.12.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 14.35.05.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 14.35.05.png
    105.9 KB · Views: 10
I guess you are way out of the limitations for drive with the number of files.

Hi guys, I am quite new hereand I just got my first Synology. I ran into the exact same problem as the author when doing my initial sync of the 2-way sync. How can I resolve the issue? The initial sync already took 4-5 days with my lame internet connection. I dont want to do a full re-sync. Only 11 GB out of 700 GB are missing. Is there a way to force it to re-check all files? Btw, I really dont understund the limits mentioned by Telos. Could someone explain?

Hi guys, I am quite new hereand I just got my first Synology. I ran into the exact same problem as the author when doing my initial sync of the 2-way sync. How can I resolve the issue? The initial sync already took 4-5 days with my lame internet connection. I dont want to do a full re-sync. Only 11 GB out of 700 GB are missing. Is there a way to force it to re-check all files? Btw, I really dont understund the limits mentioned by Telos. Could someone explain?
There could be many reasons why this happens. Some issue with the package is usually the cause as the limitations in ShareSync are not as many as the Drive Client for desktop. I would suggest you to create a support ticket and send the two debugs from the two NAS and let them check what's wrong with the sync.

Then regarding the limitations, each NAS has a number of hosted files that they can hold (enabled team folders). This also counts for the version number setup in Drive. Usually it is hardware based, so the bigger the NAS, the more the supported number of hosted files grows. If the number is surpassed, then it can lead to some issues with performance or sync.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.