Synchronization between 2 NAS with "homes", shares, video station, photo station ...

Currently reading
Synchronization between 2 NAS with "homes", shares, video station, photo station ...

NAS
1813+ & 1817
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hello,
I'm looking to synchronize 2 Synology NAS (1813+ et 1817).

Using Synology Drive ShareSync, synchronization of shared directories works perfectly BUT:

- impossible to synchronize users' "homes" directories

- impossible to synchronize the configurations of the video station, photo station, audio station applications

Could someone help me?

- impossible to synchronize users' "homes" directories

Hi,
Correct. This is were many of Synology users have ran into a limitation of Drive (formaly known as Cloud Station ShareSync).

This is my way of getting around it, and still am into this date. It's not the most pretty, but it works.

- impossible to synchronize the configurations of the video station, photo station, audio station applications

If you're really good with Linux, you could try to rsync this configuration to the other NAS. But this will be outside of Synology's support territory and all at your own risk.

The more 'appropiate' approach is that you use HyperBackup to backup your application. There are multiple ways to get these backups saved to another NAS or location. In my HyperBackup config I have a seperate backup task to backup applications to a 'SystemBackups' share (the other task is to do a full backup of all my shares). And this share I sync (with Drive) to other NAS so I have the backup stored safely in multiple locations.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.