DSM 6.2 Syncthing web UI not starting despite saying running

Currently reading
DSM 6.2 Syncthing web UI not starting despite saying running

NAS
DS411 running DSM 6.2.4-25556 Update 6
I recently downloaded Syncthing from Synocommunity (version 1.20.3-27) and it starts without errors but when I try and access the web UI I am unable to connect.

Looking through the logs on the Synology web UI, nothing comes up; checking the synservice logs through SSH also states that the service is starting and that it starts without issues. The related files look fine and I tried reinstalling but no changes.

I installed Deluge which runs fine and the web UI is accessible too.

Unsure if this is an issue with the Syncthing version or if there is some setting I am missing in Synology. I appreciate any advice!

Welcome to the forum!

I am unable to connect
What exactly happens when you try and access it? How does the browser react? Can you share an image? Also if you open up your browser console, there should be some messages and warnings there. Any info from that log?

Upvote 0
Welcome to the forum!

What exactly happens when you try and access it? How does the browser react? Can you share an image? Also if you open up your browser console, there should be some messages and warnings there. Any info from that log?
There is no console output and the initial network request fails on multiple browsers; Firefox throws the "Unable to connect" page. Maybe it's not being served the HTML properly? Unsure how to check

Upvote 0
Just a GET request to the 8384 port on the Synology IP address; looking for the "/" filename and failing.

Upvote 0
Just updated Syncthing package to 1.23.4-29.
First the update nuked the config for some reason, so the package wouldn't start complaining about the empty config.
After deleting config.xml it generated a new config when starting, but now I had the same problem as here - the GUI won't open. The issue was that it was binding the listening socket to 127.0.0.1. After I changed in config.xml:
Code:
<gui enabled="true" tls="false" debugging="false">
        <address>127.0.0.1:8384</address>
to
Code:
<gui enabled="true" tls="false" debugging="false">
        <address>0.0.0.0:8384</address>
now it opens.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.