Currently reading
Syno Calendar returns error

NAS
DS1019+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I am having an issue connecting my to my synology calendar via caldav on both my mac and iPhone.

I can however reach it on the web and view the web interface - login and use it.

I get the error unable to verify account name and password on iOS and macOS when trying to connect via caldav:

Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 7.26.39 PM.png

no errors show when navigating to https://cal.domainname.com in a web browser:
Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 10.09.40 PM.png

I can sign in on the browser and use the calendar as expected.

I have tried using the IP address of the Synology calendar - and it also returns the error when attempting to connect via caldav. the IP address is fine in a web browser and works as expected.

I have the domain name attached to calendar at control panel -> login portal -> Applications which works via a web browser, but not via caldav as noted above.

My synology applications are tied to a subdomain for each one like so:
Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 9.59.19 PM.png

the domain contacts.domainname.com above works fine, as well as drive.domainname.com, photos.domainname.com etc.

the only one that doesn't work 100% as expected is cal.dominname.com. again, no errors navigating to it in a browser - but it cannot connect via caldav.

Any thoughts?

Hi @Rusty ,

thanks for the help. I read through that other forum and the issues noted there are certainly similar.

I've tried what you've mentioned and used the advanced option. I added the port and a "/" at the end of the address. no luck. same unable to verify account name and password issue.

I've tried with the local DSM port, local DSM SSL port, port 38443 & 38008 - and none of them work.

Try something like this...
1675326996974.png

I checked on my Mac (Ventura), iPhone (iOS 16), and iPad (iPadOS 16) and found none were syncing the Synology Calendar. I have it configured but iCloud is my main personal calendar system, and Synology is there as a fallback.

Each one wasn't syncing but I added new accounts on Mac and iPad and the above way worked. Going to the previous account that had been created in iOS/iPadOS I just went to the Advanced Settings option for the account and edited the Account URL: https://cal.mydomain.com/caldav/Username, replacing Username with you DSM username.

My previous, now not working Mac calendar entry but started as soon as I added the test account, used /caldav.php/ instead of plain /caldav/

Same goes for Synology Contacts when I check what I have for the Account URL .../carddav/Username

/caldav.php/ instead of plain /caldav/
That's correct! I completely forgot about this change a while back. I was not on my mac when I was responding so counldn't check it, but this was an issue for me as well, and .php did solve it.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Adding php did not work for me.

I have managed to get it to work though!

I had to change the security settings in Control Panel -> Security -> Advanced to allow for Intermediate Compatibility:
Screenshot 2023-02-03 at 2.22.32 PM.png

it seems the macOS and iOS calendar app only support TLS 1.2 and not TLS 1.3.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.