Currently reading
synogear - iotop not working

NAS
RS1221+, RS819, RS217
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Just tried to use iotop for the first time on my RS1221+ and get the following result:

Code:
root@Rivendell:~# iotop

sh: /var/packages/DiagnosisTool/target/tool/iotop: /usr/bin/python3: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

I did the obvious by reinstalling synogear again but no change. Other tools in synogear (eg iostat, dig etc) work ok though.

For a sanity check I installed the latest synogear on a different NAS (RS819) and iotop works just fine on that machine:

Screenshot 2021-03-16 at 20.23.57.png

Any thoughts on how to fix or is this just an AMD teething issue?

I don't think I know how to install synotools via Docker; never really thought about it as my logic would be that it is adding a layer to the diagnostics. That and my Docker skills being rather rustic at best.

Nothing to it.

Just run this via SSH as root:
Code:
docker run --name=iotop -ti --privileged --net=host --pid=host esnunes/iotop:latest
and you are done.

adding a layer to the diagnostics
It won't because you will use --pid parameter to connect to the host (NAS) so the only thing that you will have with this is iotop running sandboxed while looking at your bare metal device. This way you can eliminate all the prerequisites that iotop needs.

Just an idea.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.