Synology 2FA antics

Currently reading
Synology 2FA antics

NAS
DS4l8play, DS202j, DS3623xs+, DSM 7.3.3-25847
I changed my email on my Synology account, and in the process of setting up 2FA, with OTP, and now required to hand over a textable phone number (which I do not have to offer). With 20+ 2FA logins, this is the first to require a phone number.

When I asked why, I was told that Synology would fall back on SMS. I mentioned that most sites give a dozen manual codes for broken devices (even their NAS offers an email code option—which, BTW, is badly broken).

So Synology has determined that it is better that I forgo 2FA entirely, if I won't give them a phone number.

Nothing needs a response here... just damned frustrated at their artificiality towards security.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Old thread notice: There have been no replies in this thread for quite some time. The last reply was on .
The content in this thread may no longer be relevant. It might be better to open a new thread instead.