NAS Compares Synology BeeStation Review – The “EASY MODE” NAS?

Currently reading
NAS Compares Synology BeeStation Review – The “EASY MODE” NAS?

Synology BeeStation Personal Cloud Review

What IS the BeeStation? Of all the products I’ve spoken about from Synology in nearly 25 years of solutions from the brand, the new BeeStation is possibly one of the most conventional yet surprising they have ever released. We first spoke about the BeeStation, otherwise known as the BST150-4T, halfway through 2023, when we started hearing rumors about Synology’s new entry-level solution that was shaping up to challenge the likes of WD My Cloud and My Book solutions. Synology has been providing impressively capable personal cloud solutions for a considerably long time, but it would be fair to say that for the majority of users who just want a simple cloud solution that is easy even for a child to set up, DSM isn’t quite as straightforward as they would like. The BeeStation and BSM hope to remedy this with Synology providing what is potentially the most user-friendly and easy-to-use personal cloud solution they have ever provided, as well as inviting positive comparisons against the likes of Google Drive and iCloud in terms of price. Roll in the fact that the system already arrives pre-populated with four terabytes of storage and is priced at just $199, and what you find here is one of the biggest brands in the world in network attached storage trying to reinvent the wheel that they themselves had a big part in designing! If you are reading this, it is because you are wondering whether the Synology BeeStation is the perfect fit for your simple, low-scale, and low-cost private cloud. So today, I want to tell you the five reasons why I can highly recommend the Synology BeeStation, as well as providing five reasons why you might want to give it a miss.

Synology-Beestation-Review-BST150-4T-NAS-3-Medium.jpg

Continue reading...
- - -

Check out FREE NAS advice section on nascompares.com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.