blackvoid Synology C2 - Express Box

Currently reading
blackvoid Synology C2 - Express Box

Synology C2 - Express Box

Just last week, Synology has opened a new C2 data center in Seattle, USA. More info about it here.

What might have gone under the radar was the fact that Synology now offers one more service connected to their C2 platform, called Express Box.

Continue reading...

Express box is a reasonable service
even with 1024 Mbps upload speed for the source site (what is an enterprise FTTx level) you will get almost 8 calendar days for 80TB transport to C2 (in case, when 1024Mbps is achievable E2E between your and C2 sites)

Let me get this straight. The purpose of the loaned NAS with hard disks is so that the user can move the files to the loaned NAS, sent it back to Synology and then they will move those files to C2. Is that correct?

If so, isn't 800 Euro a lot for a rental? I'd prefer sending Synology my WD 4TB portable and have them move that data to C2. And I would pay $100 USD tops. At 800 Euro I could buy another DS218+ and have $200 left over.

Let me get this straight. The purpose of the loaned NAS with hard disks is so that the user can move the files to the loaned NAS, sent it back to Synology and then they will move those files to C2. Is that correct?

If so, isn't 800 Euro a lot for a rental? I'd prefer sending Synology my WD 4TB portable and have them move that data to C2. And I would pay $100 USD tops. At 800 Euro I could buy another DS218+ and have $200 left over.
Customers for this service were not primarily SOHO users but companies that do not have time to transfer dozens of TB or they don't wanna stress their Internet connection on top of this.

this service isn't targeted for a home user segment

this service is targeted for special occasions when you need keep 3-2-1 backup scheme of your super sensitive data and their capacity is over "normal" value regarding your business connection upload speed to C2. When you don't need wait more than few hours, you can use this service.

One of the possible target:
SME company "storage rack/data centre" relocation

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.