blackvoid Synology C2 Identity - your organization management platform

Currently reading
blackvoid Synology C2 Identity - your organization management platform

Synology C2 Identity - your organization management platform

The final addition to the new lineup of C2 services is C2 Identity. What it is and how does it work will be the topic of this article, so let's dig in.

Continue reading...

@Rusty
centralized identity management is trendy also in SME and home users.
There is also another dark side of the moon - just remember for the last year hack of the SolarWinds. Cloud based identity managements of big players was also stolen. Then was some domino effect seen.In this world, where people uses unsecured low cost IPS routers for their home networks, unsecured NASes setup, unsecured computers, yeah and the unsecured WiFi … and also they uses such infrastructure for connecting of their company’s laptops …
it’s just a question of time when some of the cloud “holder” of keys to everything will be leaked again.
OFC - it’s better than nothing.

from a statistical point of view: the number of people on the planet is increasing, so the number of vulnerable points is also rising.
That’s why we are witnessing data leaks more often. And not only the number of leaks, but also their consequences.

Testing C2 Identity on my macOS Test Computer:
On the first try, I managed to overwrite my local admin account with the C2 remote account and then to delete my local user by removing the conflicting user from the C2 Identity user management. 🤦‍♂️
Now I just have the "C2 Identity Admin" and my orphaned home directory without the matching user…

I know: Stupid me, I had identical usernames local and on C2. But still, shouldn't C2 manage such conflicts better than just overwriting local users?

(Tho it's just a Test Computer, I'd be happy to recover my user and home-directory.
Any suggestions? Just create a new local user with admin rights and manually assign the old home directory to the new user? macOS 11.6.1)

curious how C2 Identity develops (also price wise)
best regards,
paradeiser

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.