blackvoid Synology C2 Password - one place for all your secrets

Currently reading
blackvoid Synology C2 Password - one place for all your secrets

Synology C2 Password - one place for all your secrets

Last month on June 29th, Synology has officially announced the new DSM 7 and with it, new C2 features.

In this article, I would like to reflect a bit on one of those apps, the new C2 Password, Synology's cloud-driven password manager.

Continue reading...

On top of this @Shadow, C2 Password needs work, especially when it comes to supporting browsers, extensions, and mobile. Have a feeling like they had to push it out ahead of time and yet mobile apps will come at the end of this year and later in 2022. I mean really?

It's good to see Synolgoy now pushing into Hybrid and Cloud services. C2 password may be feature rich for some aspects of their services but myself and the company I work for will not put the keys to the kingdom in the cloud. With Bitwarden and other key vaults on premise we are the masters of the information.

Synology should probably also have worked to develop a official package to install on a NAS, so customers have the choice to have this hosted within their own realm.

Not sure what pushed Synology to do this. Are competitors having similar solutions so Synology felt the pressure?

Synology should probably also have worked to develop a official package to install on a NAS, so customers have the choice to have this hosted within their own realm.
Agreed.

Not sure what pushed Synology to do this. Are competitors having similar solutions so Synology felt the pressure?
NAS competitors not that I am aware of, but 3rd party tools, yes. Like BW for example

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.