NAS
DS415+, DS720+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hi,

I use Synology Calendar in Thunderbird but can't resolve the following problem:

When I create and event in the Thunderbird and invite people they can't response the invitation, because Synology Calendar is using <UID>@local.host for the event Organizer by default.

The invitations is sent from the right email account but when people try to "accept" the invitation, the replies are goes back to <UID>@local.host and bounce.

Any idea how this default <UID>@local.host setting can change?

Thanks

Hi,

I use Synology Calendar in Thunderbird but can't resolve the following problem:

When I create and event in the Thunderbird and invite people they can't response the invitation, because Synology Calendar is using <UID>@local.host for the event Organizer by default.

The invitations is sent from the right email account but when people try to "accept" the invitation, the replies are goes back to <UID>@local.host and bounce.

Any idea how this default <UID>@local.host setting can change?

Thanks
How is your Cal configured in respect when you access it over the browser? Is it pushed over reverse proxy?

I added my Synology Calendar to Thunderbird as network calendar using the Syno Calendar's CalDAV account link.
When I use it in the browser the invitation has different format. It includes response buttons (yes, maybe, no). I added the Firefox browser extension to the Synology Calendar earlier.

I added my Synology Calendar to Thunderbird as network calendar using the Syno Calendar's CalDAV account link.
When I use it in the browser the invitation has different format. It includes response buttons (yes, maybe, no). I added the Firefox browser extension to the Synology Calendar earlier.
Ok, but that doesn't answer my question. The question was more along the line is the URL configured using an fqdn name or something more "local".

The CalDAV link is this:

https://<NAS hostname>:5001/caldav/Joe%20Doe/qgxmo/

I hope this is the answer what you asked. :)

The CalDAV link is this:

https://<NAS hostname>:5001/caldav/Joe%20Doe/qgxmo/

I hope this is the answer what you asked. :)
So not using a public fqdn URL. Your users are then internal users or public, outside? That would be the reason that they are unable to access it.

They are public mostly.
When they reply from their email clients their response bounce back, because the reply email address is [email protected].
When I use another (non-NAS) calendar in Thunderbird, invitations work well. The problem is that Synology Calendar change the invitee email address to "[email protected]".
How can I change this setting?

They are public mostly.
When they reply from their email clients their response bounce back, because the reply email address is [email protected].
When I use another (non-NAS) calendar in Thunderbird, invitations work well. The problem is that Synology Calendar change the invitee email address to "[email protected]".
How can I change this setting?
And we are back to my original question then. Considering that you are using the cal configured internaly, it will be needed to push it using a publicly accessible URL/fqdn. Would it be possible to configure it via reverese proxy?

Yes, definitely. However I am not too familiar in how to configure a reverse proxy server to the NAS.
Could you give me an example, how an publicly accessible calendar url looks like?

Yes, definitely. However I am not too familiar in how to configure a reverse proxy server to the NAS.
Could you give me an example, how an publicly accessible calendar url looks like?
If you visit the "resources" section of the forum, you will find several reverse proxy tutorial, from ones using the DSM built in version to externals.

In short, you will need a public domain name, a valid cert, and open traffic from the outside world towards your cal service.

Once all that is configured, the invitations will use the public url and your issue should be resolved.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.