Synology calendar sync to Google calendar or Apple calendar?

Currently reading
Synology calendar sync to Google calendar or Apple calendar?

NAS
DS918+
Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Is there a way to synch the Synology Calendar to Google Calendar or Apple Calendar? Why? Amazon Alexa.

We use the Synology Calendar for each individual family member and would like to link them to Amazon Alexa. Unfortunately, only Google, Microsoft, Apple and MS Exchange can be linked to Alexa currently.

If you know of a way to link the Synology Calendar with Alexa, please let the Internet know! I can't find anything specific to SynoCal to Alexa on the interweb.

So, as a work-around (Synology Calendar > Google or Apple Calendar > Alexa). One way sync is fine.

Any ideas?

You cannot sync Synology calendar with Google calendar. You can sync Synology calendar with Android's Google calendar app using a CalDAV app. But that result does not go to the Google web platform.

Is there a way to synch the Synology Calendar to Google Calendar or Apple Calendar? Why? Amazon Alexa.

We use the Synology Calendar for each individual family member and would like to link them to Amazon Alexa. Unfortunately, only Google, Microsoft, Apple and MS Exchange can be linked to Alexa currently.

If you know of a way to link the Synology Calendar with Alexa, please let the Internet know! I can't find anything specific to SynoCal to Alexa on the interweb.

So, as a work-around (Synology Calendar > Google or Apple Calendar > Alexa). One way sync is fine.

Any ideas?
You can add Syno cal to Apple calendar as a separate new calendar just as any other. It’s a 2 way sync and work on ios and macos without any problem. Just create a new cal in syno calendar and in its settings you will get a link that you can then use to point Apple cal to it.

Can't think right now, but BusyMac used to do BusySync on Mac using the Sync service and enabled various calendars to sync between users and services. They killed that when Sync service was removed but still do BusyCal. Haven't looked at it but maybe you need a client based 'bridge' between the different calendar services that will sync events across them.

Then there's always the possibility that there's a Docker container of something that can do it.

I got the goosebumps just reading this!
Google, Alexa, Microsoft. Not my cup of tea :)

I don’t think you’ve been introduced to the tin-hat-cat!

B485B030-A649-4853-8A3F-637C44FD981C.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.