Currently reading
Synology company

NAS
Synology DS920+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I recently had the opportunity to find out first-hand what kind of company Synology is. I thought at first my Seagate drives were starting to fail. After working with a tech for a few days I was about to give up when he shipped me a new unit. He also stuck with me in migrating my drives over and reloading my data from an external drive.

Have learned a few things in the process. The first is not to count on backups. Using Hyper backup to recover my data was fruitless as it said it was corrupt. However, I was able to gain access via File Station and copy everything I had backed up over to the NAS. Second thing is that Synology stands by their products and customers!!!!

Yes indeed, as on both this forum and on the community it seems we hear more negative than positive about support experiences. I agree that they do stand behind their products, my only gripe is that when my DS1815+ experience the Atom processor flaw in 2017, it took almost two weeks to get the warranty replacement(and that was with paid temporary deposit with cross ship). For me, it is used for personal, not for business but had it been for business I would find that timeframe absolutely unacceptable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.