DS218
Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
After much troubleshooting I was able to solve the problem. I now have Synology contacts replicating to all devices, and when I enter/update a contact in any device, the changes are replicated elsewhere, it is great! The way it should work. I also got the calendar working ;-)

So what was the problem? I identified the records that were not syncing and scrutinized them. Concluded that when I imported the vcf file to Synology contacts, there were some mapping inconsistencies, so I manually changed them to “standard" contact fields. A handful of records didn’t replicate no matter what but after deleting and recreating them, all was working perfect.

Although not applicable to my problem, this Synology article recommends changing "\" with “%5C" and "@" with “%40" in the vcd file.

Just wanted to share in case anyone encounters a similar problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.