Currently reading
Info Synology customer support approach history

NAS
Synology, TrueNAS
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
October 2006:
Launch of Synology Community Forum, a place where users can gather and post tips, tricks, and ask questions regarding how to use the DiskStation in their environments.

October 2007:
Launch of Synology Wiki, an extension of the Synology Community Forum, a place where community users, and Synology, can document various procedures in using the DiskStation on the network.

September 2018:
Launch of “NextGen” Synology Community portal. And this story is known well for many of us.

April 2019:
Launch of this independent Synoforum.com
Thx Gents!

2007 has been great year, looking back to this year:
- Steve introduces the original iPhone

- Netflix is introducing a service to deliver movies and television shows directly to users’ PCs, not as downloads but as streaming video, which is not retained in computer memory

Blockbuster lost their kingdom definitely

Android was released

Google bought YT

The last year Kodak turns an annual profit

Watson by IBM is breaking mystic line between AI from book and AI from reality

and Steve Balmer big mistake:
"There's no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant market share. No chance," said Ballmer. "It's a $500 subsidized item. They may make a lot of money. But if you actually take a look at the 1.3 billion phones that get sold, I'd prefer to have our software in 60% or 70% or 80% of them, than I would to have 2% or 3%, which is what Apple might get."

Nothing last forever...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.