Synology Docker Clean Up

Currently reading
Synology Docker Clean Up

Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hello everyone,

Ran into some learning curves, hiccups and wrinkles to iron out while getting media services through docker established. Along the way files were downloaded to unknown locations (appears as custom created volumes w/long strings) and there could be a host of unnecessary data and files strewn about as a result of the journey.

Docker (via portainer)
• Images - Deleted all images (countless images downloaded...these can be pulled as deeded through compose)
• Networks - defaults of bridge, host and none. Have others here and not sure which is the valid network and which to delete. Only one needed. Thoughts?

DSM 7:
• File Station > Docker > cleaning out unused or old experimental directories

Expecting there are other areas to search, tools to use to clean up. Thoughts?

Portainer will allow you to clean up images, volumes, and networks that are not needed/in use. Just terminate all that is extra and if you start to remove something that is in fact in use, you will get a warning and will not be able to remove it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.