Synology Drive 2.0 BETA

Currently reading
Synology Drive 2.0 BETA

NAS
DS916+
Last edited:
Next question - how do I enable On Demand Sync in the new Client?

If I look at the Client > Settings > Sync Task > Sync Rules > Sync Mode, the option is there, but greyed out (I also cannot click on the "learn more" hyperlink.)

The server is Drive 2.0 Beta, Client 2.0.0-11044
Windows 10 Enterprise / 1809

I'm wondering if you can only enable the feature when you set a new sync task and that it doesn't show up for existing tasks that have been migrated?

NAS
DS916+
I know this is probably a HyperBackup issue, but I added Surveillance Station back as a Team Folder with no versioning, doing so added Surveillance Station as a backup task, turning it off, also disables the Drive Server backup and I get the error of only doing a partial backup. Delete SS as a Team Folder, HyperBackup works as expected.

jeyare

Subscriber
New update of Beta Drive

What's new:

re specific new features:
1. no comment
2. not found what exactly
3. works for all office files, now include PDF (tested in Chrome, Edge, Firefox) ... you can Open or Download the Doc.
If the Doc is in Synology Office format, then the user/guest (shared link receiver) can do any (allowed) action in interactive mode (same as in Google Drive with Google Docs). Allowed actions (edit, comments, edit). Tested, works.
4. applicable for someone, who needs add a specific port to Drive address. Tested, works.
5. not tested, because I don't have Cloud Station long time
6. My Drive is running fast (10-15 users only), then no changes from my side ... but for someone with 300 users maybe yes

NAS
RS820+, DS718+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
When they release 2.0 from Beta, will it pop up as a regular update to the current drive? Or do you think it will be released as a download/install and then migrate from 1.0 to 2.0?

Telos

Subscriber
NAS
DS418play, DS213j, DS3622+, DSM 7.1.4-11091
When they release 2.0 from Beta, will it pop up as a regular update to the current drive? Or do you think it will be released as a download/install and then migrate from 1.0 to 2.0?
Yes.

NAS
RS820+, DS718+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Is anyone running the 2.0 beta? And if so, any known issues?

fredbert

NAS Support
Subscriber
NAS
DS1520+, DS218+, DS215j
Router
  1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Is anyone running the 2.0 beta? And if so, any known issues?
Me. Haven't noticed any issues though I'm not overly looking for problems. Using Mac and iOS primarily, plus occasionally on Android 8 [I think ... dot something]

NAS
RS820+, DS718+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Thanks guys. I just rolled it out; for now only sync’ing the desktop folder across two computers for a client. Will eventually implement the other user folders like documents/pics/vids/downloads once it’s out of beta

NAS
DS918+, DS916+, DS214+, DS211j
Is there an Android App, too, for Drive 2.0 - didn't check this right now. And is anybody using it?

Edit: Sorry, obviously, yes, posting #50

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.