Synology Drive 2.0 BETA

Currently reading
Synology Drive 2.0 BETA

Last edited:
Next question - how do I enable On Demand Sync in the new Client?

If I look at the Client > Settings > Sync Task > Sync Rules > Sync Mode, the option is there, but greyed out (I also cannot click on the "learn more" hyperlink.)

The server is Drive 2.0 Beta, Client 2.0.0-11044
Windows 10 Enterprise / 1809

I'm wondering if you can only enable the feature when you set a new sync task and that it doesn't show up for existing tasks that have been migrated?

I know this is probably a HyperBackup issue, but I added Surveillance Station back as a Team Folder with no versioning, doing so added Surveillance Station as a backup task, turning it off, also disables the Drive Server backup and I get the error of only doing a partial backup. Delete SS as a Team Folder, HyperBackup works as expected.

New update of Beta Drive

What's new:

re specific new features:
1. no comment
2. not found what exactly
3. works for all office files, now include PDF (tested in Chrome, Edge, Firefox) ... you can Open or Download the Doc.
If the Doc is in Synology Office format, then the user/guest (shared link receiver) can do any (allowed) action in interactive mode (same as in Google Drive with Google Docs). Allowed actions (edit, comments, edit). Tested, works.
4. applicable for someone, who needs add a specific port to Drive address. Tested, works.
5. not tested, because I don't have Cloud Station long time
6. My Drive is running fast (10-15 users only), then no changes from my side ... but for someone with 300 users maybe yes

When they release 2.0 from Beta, will it pop up as a regular update to the current drive? Or do you think it will be released as a download/install and then migrate from 1.0 to 2.0?

Thanks guys. I just rolled it out; for now only sync’ing the desktop folder across two computers for a client. Will eventually implement the other user folders like documents/pics/vids/downloads once it’s out of beta

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.