Currently reading
Synology Drive access NAS from Android

NAS
DS415+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Synology Drive access NAS 7.0.1.42214 from Android.

I have a new Samsung S22 Ultra and have installed Synology Drive on it. Can I use the Secure Signin Account feature to log in via Quick Connect or must I use OTP?

Background
I used to be an Iphone user and had OTP on Microsoft Authenticator running. That worked fine but I had never used Drive.
I then moved to the Android device and tried installing OTP on Authenticator but it simply will not authenticate. Authenticator works in all my other systems. This led to being locked out for repeated attempts etc.
I ended up having a chat to the IT Manager at work and he pointed me to using the Account feature on Secure Signin which works even if OTP doesn't.
Now I want to use Drive but it seems to use OTP. Can I use Account on Secure Signin on Synology Drive?

Thanks in Advance.

Solution
Can I use Account on Secure Signin on Synology Drive?
Yes, you can. Drive will run against your DSM account, and if that account has SSI active, it will ask for it.

You will need to map your DSM instance to a valid Synology Account before you can see the Passwordless option and configure SSI. Ofc you will need a valid DDNS, domain, or QC address with a valid certificate as well to make it all secure as intended, but it does work just fine.
Can I use Account on Secure Signin on Synology Drive?
Yes, you can. Drive will run against your DSM account, and if that account has SSI active, it will ask for it.

You will need to map your DSM instance to a valid Synology Account before you can see the Passwordless option and configure SSI. Ofc you will need a valid DDNS, domain, or QC address with a valid certificate as well to make it all secure as intended, but it does work just fine.

Upvote 0
Solution
Thanks for prodding me in the right direction. I had basically everything set up on that list except my user account was configured for 2FA. Once I changed that to Passwordless Sign-in it works. Its a neat app.

Upvote 0
Is Synology Drive restricted to your home directory or can it see other directorys that the user has permission to read?

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.