Synology Drive Admin Console Error

NAS
DS220j,DS220+
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I've just migrated from a DS220j to a DS220+ and now I get the following error when running Synology Drive Admin Console. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the package, but the error still persists. In desperation I clicked on Delete Database, but still no luck.

Can anyone please give me guidance on how to fix this?

Screenshot 2021-04-15 at 2.13.35 PM.png

Solution
Moved both drives from the 220j to the 220+ and let DSM do the initial setup.
Have you used Synology Assistant in this moment or did you just simply logged into DSM and then what?

Also, your current btrfs volume atm is all "green"? No problems on that front? Considering that you destroyed the previous volume you obviously destroyed the DB drive was using because it is a part of the previous volume.

I would suggest then start fresh and stop/uninstall Drive while selecting the option to delete all configuration DBs. That might clear up any residue of the old setup.
I've just migrated from a DS220j to a DS220+ and now I get the following error when running Synology Drive Admin Console. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the package, but the error still persists. In desperation I clicked on Delete Database, but still no luck.

Can anyone please give me guidance on how to fix this?

View attachment 3427
Welcome to the forum.

I see you are on DSM7. But the main question here is that you said you "migrated" from 220J to 220+. Would you mind explaining in detail how exactly you did that?

Asking considering that the drive migration would not work:

Also, migration assistant is not supported on the J series:

Upvote 0
Welcome to the forum.

I see you are on DSM7. But the main question here is that you said you "migrated" from 220J to 220+. Would you mind explaining in detail how exactly you did that?
Removed Drive 1 and got the degraded state message.
Reinserted Drive 1 and created a new Storage Pool/Volume for it.
Moved each shared folder from Storage Pool 1 to Storage Pool 2 and set them up with the Btrfs system.
Deleted Storage Pool 1.
Added Drive 2 to Storage Pool 2.
Reinstalled my missing packages, and that's when I encountered the error.

Upvote 0
Have you used Synology Assistant in this moment or did you just simply logged into DSM and then what?

Also, your current btrfs volume atm is all "green"? No problems on that front? Considering that you destroyed the previous volume you obviously destroyed the DB drive was using because it is a part of the previous volume.

I would suggest then start fresh and stop/uninstall Drive while selecting the option to delete all configuration DBs. That might clear up any residue of the old setup.

Upvote 0
Solution

Yes, I used Synology Assistant, and all is Healthy in Storage Manager (except that the volume is busy repairing itself).

I did as you suggested and now the newly installed Drive is up and running - just need to map the relevant folders again.

Thanks so much for your assistance.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.