Synology Drive App on Windows

NAS
D723+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hi
I am unable to view Team Folders in Windows explorer even though they have been enabled in Drive Admin Console.
The right permissions have been granted to the user and they do appear on the Drive app...
Unfortunately, in the User\Synology Drive folder in Win Explorer, only the "My Drive" folder is visible.

I need to share varied folders with different users where they are worked on and secure in the NAS but available to their respective authorised handlers for edition....

Thanks
S

Equipment D723+ (DSM ver 7.2)

To view team folders in windows, you have to network browse to the shared folder example \\nas\sharedfolder or \\192.168.1.x\sharedfolder. (Nas name or nas ip address)

The only other way to view team folders is to web browse to DSM and open the drive application through web browser. From there you will see your local drive folder and team folders.

Thanks for your reply.
So there is no way I can network browse said shared folder externally, i.e. externally, from outside the LAN?
Will we have to use the web browse feature portal Quickconnect when not in the office in order to access the folder?

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply.
So there is no way I can network browse said shared folder externally, i.e. externally, from outside the LAN?
Will we have to use the web browse feature portal Quickconnect when not in the office in order to access the folder?
3 options:
You can use VPN when external from the network, that will allow network browse to those folders from within windows explorer. All data is stored and kept on nas,

You can web browse, but may run into having to download a file like a word/excel doc to edit then upload the changes file back.

Lastly, I haven’t tried this nor would I want to due to space on my local computer, but you can create a sync task between the team folder and then some local folder on the computer. Files will then be synced to the computer and also have access to it offline, they will sync back up once you reconnect. When creating the sync task change the folder on the NAS to the team folder you want, and set a local path location on the computer. You can get more granular and only sync specific files of your choice, or free up space on the local computer and only select certain files to be sync’d on the local computer. If using quick connect or a ddns name in the drive app for your nas, and if you have the drive port open this will also work externally in an “online mode” without the need for a vpn.

How to sync files from computer to Synology NAS

Different options to do, depends on how much or what you do. Since I rarely edit or work on files in shared/team folders I usually just web browse to them when outside my network or if I need to work on something I’ll vpn connect. With regard to my own personal files and files I sync between nas and computer that is accessible thru drive sync. When external, I can work on those files and then they would be re-sync’d when I’m back on the network or again I’d use vpn for instant connection. The team folder would be the same concept.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.