Synology Drive app on Windows

NAS
RS819
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I recently installed the Synology Drive application on my Windows 11 PC and it syncs files as expected. The only niggle I have with it is that it didn't create itself an icon in File Explorer next to three other apps that all do the same thing--Dropbox, OneDrive, and Creative Cloud. Does anyone know why it doesn't, or if this is coming in a future release? Or how to manually add it? I did pin a shortcut to the SynologyDrive folder but it's not in the same spot.

synology.png

I'm looking for other Synology Drive on Windows users' input on this matter. I currently have Synology Drive sync tasks for my window pc desktop, documents, photo, video, music, download folders. Syncing has been working fine and usually on some of the bigger sized folders (photos & music) I would have right clicked on those folders and chose an option call "Free up local space." This works well because then the data exists on the nas but can be viewed on the computer. When you view an item on the computer it will download and then you can view.

With a recent Synology Drive update things have been reeking havoc. I use iTunes desktop app and I plug in my phone to the computer just to make a iTunes backup of the phone. I have noticed that when I do this it triggers a full sync on the photo & music folder.

Can anyone else who has Synology Drive for Windows and uses iTunes for desktop, and has a sync folder where they had chose the option to "free local space" confirm if they see the same behavior? Eventually I think I will have to get in contact with Synology Support, but just need to rule out that this would happen for all instances and not just my setup.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.