Synology Drive as a mesh network? (clients connected to two NASs syncing same Team Folder via Sharesync)

Currently reading
Synology Drive as a mesh network? (clients connected to two NASs syncing same Team Folder via Sharesync)

NAS
DS1821+, DS218+, DS218+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Use case: small business sharing a single Team Folder between offices in separate states...

I have a Synology in each office (for simplicity: Office 1 hosts NAS1, Office 2 hosts NAS2), so would it make sense to have each client connect/sync to their local NAS instead of the increased network congestion of having every Drive client logged into NAS1? Would there be a higher danger of file conflicts or corruption?

Both NASs have the office folder enabled as a Team Folder with versioning enabled and NAS1 would also be backing up the office folder to NAS3 via HyperBackup.

NAS1 ---<Synology Drive Client>-- Users 1/2/3
|
[Synology Drive Sharesync (two-way mode)]
|
NAS2 ---<Synology Drive Client>-- Users 4/5/6

Hi and welcome to the forum.

From a perspective of setup, it is a valid one and would work just fine. Load balancing users of 2 separate NAS units that run sync between them is a good method, especially if WAN speed on either end is a bit of a problem.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.