DS220, DS218J
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi

On my iPad when I find something I want to download such as a pdf I would like to see Synology Drive as an option. I was hoping when I clickthe box with the up arrow at the top right of Safari this would be an option but it isn’t. I have dropbox or google drive as an option and Books which I commonly use. Also I would like Synology drive as somewhere I can copy iPad files to. Essentially what I want is an easy way to move exiting files to Synology drive or have that as my download destination so that I can free up space on my iPad. Is this possible?

JS.

Use DS FILE to accomplish that on our iPhones & iPad.
Thanks Jan however I have the same issue with DS File. Maybe I’m missing something but it doesn’t seem easy or intuitive to save downloads from Safari directly to my NAS.

I thought Synology Drive might have been the answer to this problem. To be honest I’m not really sure the use of both DS File and Synology Drive with an iPad. Sure, I can browse to and open files already on the NAS but using the NAS as a destination seems impossible. As an example I have lots of pdf’s I want to move from Books to my NAS but neither DS File or Drive are a selectable destination.

Maybe there is a way I am missing and I like to think I can work it out if it is achievable but his has defeated me. If there is a way I’d like to be able to select many files and move them at once.

JS.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.