Synology Drive can't sync photos folder, what an oversight...

Currently reading
Synology Drive can't sync photos folder, what an oversight...

NAS
DS718+
So the all-knowing visionairies of Synology came with their sublime (ahum) new photos app. As part of that the moments folder content was moved to the photos folder in the home folder, next to the Drive folder and not anymore inside the Drive folder.

As a consequence, this folder cannot be synced via Drive anymore.... Who comes up with such an idea. And what unlimited wisdom and intelligence, for which I'm clearly way too stupid, has lead to this decision????

Are there any solutions to have this folder synced with Drive after all? Thanks!

It seems there is a small legion now who are flabbergasted this feature is missing.
Without this feature I don't feel confident offering my family a safe place for their pictures, as uploading many GB through the browser without a "connection/resume protection", and no easy way to manage their folders other than DM7's File Station, just makes the whole experience too cumbersome imho.

Is there a suggestion page or somewhere we can request such feature?

It's moved back to where Photo Station had personal photos. And there used to be a photo uploader agent to support copying files between Mac/PC and NAS, I think it doesn't work with Synology Photos.

That the /home/Drive folder also has ../Backups inside it means that the, now added, ../documents folder should be the sync point for Drive clients. This wasn't always the case so I think it caused confusion and a lot of unnecessary syncing, plus delete on client and the files delete on the NAS.

Personally I'm glad that Moments folder has been moved out of the Drive folder. But then I use the iOS Photos Mobile app to upload from there and SMB mount and copy photos I've worked on on Mac (which I do using a CCC task on Mac, there must be a similar backup/clone app for PC).

You could always use the Drive backup task to one-way sync Mac/PC folders into /home/Drive/Backup/<device name> and from there copy the files into the /home/photos folder

Ok that makes sense, and syncing and one-time copying is a very nice solution too. Thanks :)
For my family having only internet access to the NAS, is there another way to keep their Home/Photos folder in sync with their device, so they always keep their local and up to date backup?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.