Synology Drive client "SSL certificate has changed"? What now?

Currently reading
Synology Drive client "SSL certificate has changed"? What now?

Very annoying the drive client does this. I have this same issue everytime I (manually) renew my cert. The problem goes away when pausing and resuming the sync.

The next time my cert expires I'm going to try and stop the Drive package on my NAS, replace the cert with the new one then start the Drive package again. Then see if the clients then accept the new cert after establishing a new connection without a stupid warning where I'm like:

1614070735440.png

IP but on my phone app its mynas.synology.me

If you’re computer stays on the local lan is ok to continue to use the local ip. You’ll get a certificate pop up, just choose no. I have 2 desktop computers using the local ip and it has been flawless for months; same goes for the active backup app.

The Mac/PC Drive Client connects to 'Synology Drive Server'. Look for this in Control Panel / Security / Certificate. Now check that the certificate that assigned to 'Synology Drive Server' covers the domain/address that you are using in the desktop client.

The mobile Synology Drive apps are using HTTP/S and then connect using a domain/address that is covered by the certificate for 'SynologyDrive'.

The Mac/PC Drive Client connects to 'Synology Drive Server'. Look for this in Control Panel / Security / Certificate. Now check that the certificate that assigned to 'Synology Drive Server' covers the domain/address that you are using in the desktop client.

The mobile Synology Drive apps are using HTTP/S and then connect using a domain/address that is covered by the certificate for 'SynologyDrive'.
Not totally sure what you mean. I went to control panel then security then highlighted mynas.synology.m then clicked configure. I see Synology drive server and in the drop down box to the right it shows synology.com and mynas.synology.me lets encrypt cert (default)

I see Synology drive server and in the drop down box to the right it shows synology.com and mynas.synology.me lets encrypt cert (default)

What’s the url that you’re using for drive? Select it from the cert that matches.

Going back I think you’re issue was from using the regular IP address which doesn’t work with certs

Ah :( Again! certificate seems to have changed and all remote drive clients are offline and not backung up/syncing. Have to contact all manually to login and reactivate. This is really frustrating, is there someone that knows how to handle this another way?

Ah :( Again! certificate seems to have changed and all remote drive clients are offline and not backung up/syncing. Have to contact all manually to login and reactivate. This is really frustrating, is there someone that knows how to handle this another way?

I can tell you that this method also didn't work for me:

The next time my cert expires I'm going to try and stop the Drive package on my NAS, replace the cert with the new one then start the Drive package again. Then see if the clients then accept the new cert after establishing a new connection without a stupid warning

So this is one of the reason's I've moved away from relying on Synology Drive to sync client data and went to Nextcloud.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.