Synology Drive Client will not run setup MAC OS10.11.16

Currently reading
Synology Drive Client will not run setup MAC OS10.11.16

NAS
ds216play
Operating system
  1. macOS
I have installed Synology Drive Client application on a iMac with OS 10.11.16. The set up never runs. I try to open from it from the application folder. Nothing happenings. I have been able to get Synology Sation Backup to run but the machine the me that I need to update to Synology Drive Client. Synology Station Backup seems to be working ?ok? with Synology Drive on the NAS. Have try to recover any doc yet.

Should I just leave it this way or is it important to change to Synology Drive Client which I can't get to work.

Santa Andrew

Drive has these requirements:

Code:
Supported operating systems:
Windows 7 and above
macOS 10.13 and above (64-bit)
Ubuntu 18.04 and above (officially supported versions)

I'm not sure when Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) support was dropped, but there was an earlier thread on the same subject [unresolved].

In that threat older Drive Client installers hadn't been successful but I'm not sure if rolling back Synology Drive to v1 (it's v2 now) had been tried, nor if/when v1 would stop working with DSM 6.x.y and other of the Synology 'office' packages. You'd be forcing every client device to use v1 (if that is possible).

Synology Drive and Client installer archives:

Noting that El Capitan last had a security update in July 2018, I'd have it on restricted Internet access now.

Hi all, is there a version of drive client that will support 10.11 and stil work on DSM7? Thanks

Hi all, is there a version of drive client that will support 10.11 and stil work on DSM7? Thanks
contacted the synology support for this special version. was told, that if the dmg on the downoad center does not work then there is no supported version. ok, it was the german support, but this would be really shitty. have some old macbooks in the company the cannot be updated to 10.12 oder higher and now client softwre cannot connect to dsm7.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.