Synology Drive No Syncing With File Station

NAS
DS420J
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hi,

I'm a reasonable newbie to owning a NAS and I am currently running a DS420J with DSM 6.2 (latest version) but just noticed that when I save larger files to Synology Drive they aren't syncing across to File Station. Now I believe that they used to sync across but just found a load of TV series that haven't.

Is this correct for larger files or do I have a sync problem, if so does anybody know of a fix or what has caused it?

Regards

Hi,

I'm a reasonable newbie to owning a NAS and I am currently running a DS420J with DSM 6.2 (latest version) but just noticed that when I save larger files to Synology Drive they aren't syncing across to File Station. Now I believe that they used to sync across but just found a load of TV series that haven't.

Is this correct for larger files or do I have a sync problem, if so does anybody know of a fix or what has caused it?

Regards
Syncing from what client exactly (mobile, desktop)? How big are the files? Type?

Last edited:
Syncing from what client exactly (mobile, desktop)? How big are the files? Type?
Hi, usually through a desktop and the file sizes can vary, they used to sync across but somehow they stopped syncing. I first noticed it with video files of around 720Mb .mkv files.

After looking a little bit deeper today I noticed that they sync to the path home\drive........... but not to a shared folder Nas-Server\video......... is this correct or am I not understanding how the file system works on a Synology and what shared folders are?

Regards
-- post merged: --

Are you saying that you see these files in your drive folder, but not through the File Station application? Could this be a permissions issue?
Hi,

I am using the Synology drive client to save these file (usually .mkv video files) directly to my NAS. Now they do sync to the path home\drive........... but not to a shared folder Nas-Server\video.........

This may be me not understanding how file station & Synology Drive works.:unsure:

Synology Drive has two location types:
  1. Each user will have a 'home/Drive' into which is personal stuff, and folders for Moments (your Moments personal library) and Backup (Drive clients' backup tasks location). You can't change this location.
  2. Team Folders which are NAS shared folders that the admin user has enabled within Drive Admin Console. The actual access to Team Folders by users will be determined by the normal DSM access privileges.
So unless teh shared folder '/video', created when you installed Video Station, has been enabled as a Team Folder then it won't be accessible through Drive. The same goes for all other shared folders.

On the other hand, File Station is the DSM web interface to the shared folders and you should get a very similar level of access to them this way as you would if accessed directly from your Windows PC using network shares.

Synology Drive has two location types:
  1. Each user will have a 'home/Drive' into which is personal stuff, and folders for Moments (your Moments personal library) and Backup (Drive clients' backup tasks location). You can't change this location.
  2. Team Folders which are NAS shared folders that the admin user has enabled within Drive Admin Console. The actual access to Team Folders by users will be determined by the normal DSM access privileges.
So unless teh shared folder '/video', created when you installed Video Station, has been enabled as a Team Folder then it won't be accessible through Drive. The same goes for all other shared folders.

On the other hand, File Station is the DSM web interface to the shared folders and you should get a very similar level of access to them this way as you would if accessed directly from your Windows PC using network shares.
Hi,

Thanks for the information above.

I will need to revisit my settings as it would be nice to some continuity between Drive & File Station.

Hello, New to this forum but wanted to say thank you.

Drive Admin Console! (just type into search bar and click on team folders, can enable or disable)!!!!

Reason why i could not see my folders, they were not Enabled. So frustrating going through permissions over and over. Why Snyology make so confusing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.