Currently reading
Synology Drive not showing files as admin

NAS
DS718+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
The issue: No matter what Client B creates, A cannot read despite being uniformly the same non-default administrator account setup when the synology was built.

Client A: Uses the Admin account to sync and creates a test123 folder or file, this can be a new root folder or subfolder that existed previously. This is seen by Client B. Checking the server as the same Admin user via the web console, shows all files and folders in the server, and the sync log shows all data sync'd both on the client and in the server.

Client B: Uses the Admin account to sync and creates a test321 folder or file, this can be a new root folder or subfolder that existed previously. This is NOT seen by Client A. Checking the server as the same Admin user via the web console, shows all files and folders in the server created by Client A and B, and the sync log shows all data sync'd both on the client and in the server.

Quick Connect Web Client: Logging in as the same Admin user which is used to sync client A and B shows all the files and folders created. Checking the permissions on both the team folder, sharing permissions, drive server, and the newly created files and folders shows full read/write access by the same singular Admin account used to sync/connect/login on all 3 clients. Creating files from the web client shows the data correctly on both clients A, B, and Web.

Other Info:

This is all on a Win10 based client for the Synology drive... This was happening despite the previous setup being 2 users with read/write to the same directory structure. For the sake of my sanity since this also was happening on the multi-user permissions I eliminated down to the primary administrator account across the board on all connections and syncing for the 2-man operation this is, and it's still persisting on Client B. The setup is configured as a simple 2-way sync and no other options checked outside the defaults. I've gone as far as to completely blow away the Server and Client installation on the Synology and both clients, and when I re-setup from scratch including re-syncing all the data down it resumes in such a way the ONLY client B's saved data become invisible to client A with the same exact permissions.

Any ideas on what's going on here? I honestly cant understand how the legacy cloud drive handled this just find with multi user permissions, and the replacement struggles with admin permissions across the board.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.