Synology Drive "Reconnecting" and Active backup has a connection error

NAS
DS918+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Last edited:
My downstairs PC shows "Reconnecting" on synology drive and on Active Backup for business it has a internet error. I am connecting with name.synology.me my upstairs computer is working fine for both drive and active backup. I recently installed Bitdefender Antivirus on my downstairs PC and now I just installed it on my upstairs PC and I am now having the same connection issues on the upstairs PC. Any idea whats happenig?

In bitdefender I noticed it showed in the information that a expired certificate s.dca0.com was found. does this mean anything?

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. How do I do this?
-- post merged: --

I did get active backup and synology drive to work by replacing the name.synology.me with my ip. But should I be using the name.synology.me?

But should I be using the name.synology.me?
This depends. Do your ABB and Drive needs have to cover remote devices that are not in the same location (subnet) as your NAS? If so, then yes, you will have to use some sort of public name or a static WAN address to get to your NAS from your clients.

If your needs are LAN only, then you are fine using the LAN IP address of your NAS.

Old thread, but maybe my solution in a similar frustrating situation will be helpful to some. At least I have not seen this approach mentioned anywhere else. My Drive Client was also SUDDENLY stuck in the constant "reconnecting" state for a while and nothing seemed to work. In a hundreds time I went to the Synology Drive Client settings, went into the existing "Edit Connection", then followed all the steps. The connection wizard typically asks you if you want to use QuickConnect to connect and normally if you say yes it works okay. However, QC connection can be spotty at times (to say the least), so I said "No" at some point (and used my local LAN address instead) and viola, the Drive Client started to connect again. All my desktops are on LAN anyway, so there is no need for me to use QC in this situation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.