- DS1520+, DS218+, DS215j
- Operating system
- Mobile operating system
Take control of your files, and create a secure environment for file syncing and sharing with Synology's online file server solution.
Also includes Drive Client 3.0. Drive 3.0 now breaks all previous interoperability between Drive and Cloud Station: servers, syncs, clients, and apps.
Can't seem to find where it has Mac client support for On-Demand Sync. Hmmmm.
Compatibility & Installation
- The public sharing function in the Permission tab is moved to the Public Link (previously named Advanced Protection Link) tab to strengthen security settings.
- The option "Utilize unused memory as database cache to improve search performance" is removed on models with less than 2 GB space to prevent accidental memory shortage and system failure.
- Synology Drive Server 3.0 and above no longer support Cloud Station Suite applications. If you are using any Cloud Station Suite applications (Cloud Station Server, Cloud Station Drive, Cloud Station Backup, Cloud Station ShareSync, or DS cloud), you must switch to their counterparts in the Synology Drive Suite to ensure compatibility.
- Connected Synology Drive client applications, including Synology Drive Client and Synology Drive ShareSync, must be updated to version 3.0 or above to ensure compatibility.
- To preview HEIC files and for enhanced browsing experience in Synology Drive, we recommend installing Advanced Media Extensions in Package Center.
- Enhanced server stability when storing a large number of files.
- Enhanced sync performance of Synology Drive Client when renaming files or folders on Synology NAS.
Synology Drive Admin Console
- Enhanced the dashboard in Synology Drive Admin Console to provide detailed package information:
- Health status of Synology Drive Server
- An overview of client devices
- Client connection time
- Top externally accessed files
- Package usage trend
- Provides more granular file-sharing settings for administrators, including enforcing password protection and expiration date protection when sharing files publicly, disallowing users to share files publicly or internally, or only allowing specific users or groups to share files publicly.
- Enhanced event logs to provide detailed information about file changes, such as file sharing and restoration.
- Supports transferring file ownership to other users to prevent data loss.
- Supports displaying nicknames instead of usernames to identify users more easily in Synology Drive web portal.
Synology Drive Web Portal
- Supports listing publicly shared files in the "Shared with others" tab for easy file link management.
- Supports previewing file contents (such as PDF, TXT, JPEG, ZIP) without downloading them.
- Supports displaying personal storage usage in Settings.
Synology Drive ShareSync
- Supports syncing homes folder to facilitate cross-office collaboration.