NAS
RS1219+, DS416, DS414, DS220+, DS218j, RS1221+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hello,

I want to setup the ShareSync, but when it presents me to select the Shared Folders, it appears only a portion of remote shared folders.
Does anyone know what can i do on shared folders in order to appear on this list?

PS. I am new to this forum, so i dont know yet where to post this question. If it is possible let me know the right topic.

Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
I checked the volume1 directory and all of the shared folders including presentable and not, they have root owner and permissions 777.

Is it any other place to check the permissions? For example some special user or group as rsync on configuration of shared folders?

Upvote 0
I checked the volume1 directory and all of the shared folders including presentable and not, they have root owner and permissions 777.

Is it any other place to check the permissions? For example some special user or group as rsync on configuration of shared folders?
No need to do that deep dive check. When setting up sync you need to authenticate with an account. That account as you said is an "admin" class account, so just use the Control Panel > Users > Permissions tab to check how are permissions set for the folders that you cant see. Maybe there are some exceptions.

Anything special about those folders? Are they maybe mount locations from some other destination or are they local NAS folders?

Upvote 0
I cross checked the user permissions of two Shared Folders, one shown and one hidden. There were identical. Because the user belongs to administrator group it has allways Read/Write permissions.

The hidden folder remains hidden.

Thanks a lot by the way for your effort. I will subscribe to your forum because of your attitude.

Upvote 0
I cross checked the user permissions of two Shared Folders, one shown and one hidden. There were identical. Because the user belongs to administrator group it has allways Read/Write permissions.

The hidden folder remains hidden.

Thanks a lot by the way for your effort. I will subscribe to your forum because of your attitude.
Not sure what to tell you here. Best to wait for some some potential answers/ideas from other members.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.