1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
  3. RT6600ax
  4. WRX560
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
For those holdouts that hadn't installed the beta of Drive v3 on DSM 6, I've just had the package out-of-date notification caused by v3 being moved out of the Beta channeland it is now the main version in Package Center.

After updating the package I had Mac Drive clients display an warning on the menubar. Clicking the menubar Drive icon started the update process to client v3.

Updated drive server yesterday and all clients are disconnected, should be nice to have the update clients option like in ABB, now all customers have to be notified to update their installs

should be nice to have the update clients option like in ABB, now all customers have to be notified to update their installs
Have just had to email one to look at the PC notification area to see if there's an alert on the Drive client app icon. Hopefully this is just a one-time thing for the major version upgrade.

There should be some common approaches between the Synology packages, esp. those being touted for business use, but this agent update shows disparity between development teams.

If the Client was updated to the latest version before this Drive Server update, will it still need upgrading now?
I’m on DSM 7 and just found the Drive Server update, however needed to update the Clients when I upgraded to DSM 7.
I did have all sorts of trouble on one MacBook that I had to jump through hoops to get it uninstalled and finally updated.

looks like the client was last updated 29/6

Last edited:
Was Drive Server v2 ever supported on DSM 7? I can't remember but the release notes don't seem to have a note in v2 releases to say adding support for DSM 7.

Previous to the Drive Server v3 upgrade, yesterday, my Mac Drive clients were on a v2.x.y. But the iOS Drive apps have worked with v2 and v3 servers, as I tested it a while ago.

Edit: I meant DSM 7, not 6!!

Just to give you all a heads up. Asked a bit and got some official (but of the record) info regarding the macOS Drive on-demand sync feature.

Still in the pipeline, but no new development atm.
Well, I guess we can be happy they didn't scrap it altogether.

Just to give you all a heads up. Asked a bit and got some official (but of the record) info regarding the macOS Drive on-demand sync feature.

Well, I guess we can be happy they didn't scrap it altogether.
Interesting, did you get this feedback from a feature inquiry ?
The last official answer on the community forum, from 07/07/2021 reads as follows :
Hi all Developers are now running the feasible prototype and are testing the model. Still, more time is needed to ensure the full function can work properly and meet the required quality. Thanks for your patience so far :)
I hope they are still working on it 😱

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.