Synology DS Manager – Download Station macOS app and Safari Extension [2020 NEW]

App Synology DS Manager – Download Station macOS app and Safari Extension [2020 NEW] 1.3.0

No permission to download

Currently reading
App Synology DS Manager – Download Station macOS app and Safari Extension [2020 NEW]

NAS
DS918+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
skavans submitted a new resource:

Synology DS Manager - Download Station macOS app and Safari Extension [2020 NEW]

Hey there!

As you know, since Apple had broken old Safari Extension, there was no working solution for managing Download Station tasks from macOS or Safari. So it was until today because I've recently developed the modern solution.

I'm glad to announce my Swift application for macOS allowing you to easily manage your Synology Download Station tasks right from your Mac. Or from Safari using the embedded Safari extension. And both of them work in 2020 at macOS Catalina and...

Read more about this resource...

Any plans on trying to sneak something like this for iPadOS into the AppStore? :)
I've tried to submit this one app in the AppStore first, but it was rejected because of
  • 5. 2.3 Legal: Intellectual Property - Audio/Video Downloading (macOS)
They said:
We found that your app allows users to download media without authorization from the relevant third-party sources.

So it seems to be possible to make just a task list viewer, but without any ability to add new ones, unfortunately :(
And thus, I don't think it would be useful for anybody, is it?

Do you have an extension at all that will work with Chromium type browsers?
Mind you I'd need to be able to download from RapidRAR for the4 system to be of real use for me...... :)

Do you have an extension at all that will work with Chromium type browsers?
Mind you I'd need to be able to download from RapidRAR for the4 system to be of real use for me...... :)
Hey,

I think I could make extensions for other browsers relatively easy :)
As for RapidRAR – if it provides the direct link in some moment which doesn't check your cookie or try to authorize you somehow else – everything should work.
Be in touch and I'll reach you back if there are some news ;)

I've issued 3 coupons for 50% price off for the first 3 users which will write a short review here.
Please write a review before your 3 days trial ends and I'll message you with the coupon code.

Hey,I think I could make extensions for other browsers relatively easy :)
As for RapidRAR – if it provides the direct link in some moment which doesn't check your cookie or try to authorize you somehow else – everything should work.
Be in touch and I'll reach you back if there are some news ;)
Good news on that. There is already a Chrome extension, but for me at lest it doesn't work and seems not to have been updated in a long time.
RapidRAR does need you to be able to log in and authenticate your account, so it would need a host file for download station I guess, and that is way beyond me.

skavans updated Synology DS Manager – Download Station macOS app and Safari Extension [2020 NEW] with a new update entry:

Auto-update feature and a critical bugfix

Hey there,

Please download the new version from:
Synology DS Manager | Download Station Mac Client App and Safari Extension | swiftapps

I've implemented the auto-update feature so you should be able to automatically receive all the updates in the future.
When you open this new app version the second time you should be noticed that the updated version 1.1.1 is ready.

I've also fixed a critical bug that disallows...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Looking good. Still stopped rom investing due to the lack of RapidRAR support on Download Station. Not your problem I know, but just feeding back :)
Hey,

I can't promise that it will be implemented, but I will investigate this at least a little later :)

Looking good. Still stopped rom investing due to the lack of RapidRAR support on Download Station. Not your problem I know, but just feeding back :)
Hey again,

Can you please provide an example link to some download placed at the RapidRAR so I can try to investigate it?

skavans updated Synology DS Manager – Download Station macOS app and Safari Extension [2020 NEW] with a new update entry:

version 1.2.0 released

• You can now submit multiple URLs and torrents simultaneously;
  • The app main window is now resizable and it remembers the size you've set before the last exiting;
  • Added the StatusBar item displaying the current bandwidth usage and providing access to the mass actions;
  • Added the macOS notifications at the task finish;
  • Added an option to show/hide the Dock icon (look at Settings);
  • Added a placeholder in case there are no active downloads;
  • UI improvements.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.