Currently reading
Synology DS220 with Linksys Velop WHW01

Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Last edited:
Hello everyone,

With sad eyes I have decided to move forward with a network upgrade and let the proof and steadfast Apple Time Capsule have a seat of honor to stay on as primary backup device on the network.

Went with the Linksys Velop WHE01 mesh system. So far the changes have been easier than expected, and time capsule serving in bridge mode atm.

The current hiccup remain synology ds220 device. Plug it into any of the nodes and can not find it with any of the finding software, switching different networks, preconfigured and default IPs…swapping network cables, reboots, disabling all firewalls and the lik, calls to Lynksys - can’t get synology to show up.

Anyone here have a DS running from a Velop? What am I missing?

Last edited:
Presuming assigned static IPs, albeit assigned from the old network no longer connected. Tried a direct plug of the 220 to the Mac and still nothing happening….

Next step - manually assign same IP to 220 on new network
-- post merged: --

Presuming assigned static IPs, albeit assigned from the old network no longer connected. Tried a direct plug of the 220 to the Mac and still nothing happening….

Next step - manually assign same IP to 220 on new network
Update - the DS220 was not actually assigned an ip on the old network. Settings still look identical - it is as if something specifically broke sonarr.

Datapoint
Booted into safe mode, and with the DS220 plugged in via Ethernet it appears in the side bar…HOWEVER…will not connect. Synology Assistant does not find it. Settings > Network > Ethernet acknowledged something in use When manual ip assigned with DHCP…self assigned either DHCP states not connected.

————-
Update ~ after a crazy number of tries (chats and call) over the last few days did manage to get someone who got a portion of this issue fixed. Fix required selecting different channels for the wifi and reboot. So now as it stands I can mount the synology shares through MacOS. Synology finder still does not find the DS200, and still need to get to its admin page.

Edit close to append previous thread…

Unclear what happened however this morning DS Findery software had no problem finding DS and access has been restored (yea!) - new strange issue which needs a new post.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.