NAS Compares Synology DS918+ NAS Vs QNAP TS-453Be NAS Comparison

Currently reading
NAS Compares Synology DS918+ NAS Vs QNAP TS-453Be NAS Comparison

Synology DS918+ vs QNAP TS-453Be NAS Comparison

With the newest 2019/2020 generation of NAS drives being uncovered from Synology and QNAP of late, those looking to buy a new NAS Drive can be broken down into two types. Those who looked at the new Synology diskstation and QNAP NAS and said “yes please”, and the ones who looked and thought, “nah, you are ok”. Today, we want to look at the latter users who are looking at the potential bargains and price cuts that older NAS such as the DS918+ and TS-453Be released back in 2017/2018 and have narrowed it down to these older units. There is no avoiding the fact that the Synology DSM and QNAP QTS software platform evolved and changes much, much faster than the hardware and even NAS drives that are 1-2 years old will still support some of the latest and most powerful innovations available in the latest firmware updates. So, today I want to focus on two especially popular NAS drives in the last 12-18months and help you guys decide between them.

Continue reading...
- - -

Check out FREE NAS advice section on nascompares.com

First, I like this guy (Rob Andrews) from nascompares.com, because he sometimes makes good job = an education of the Mass market.
But this review is fail. Then I sent him this point of view:

this is a screenshot from Pros/Cons of Synology DS918+ of Rob’s review:
26C9788A-F9AC-4229-B959-AB534383412E.jpeg

My point to the Cons:
1. “… fans cannot be completely switched off and this may annoy some people.”
My point: it is better to educate buyers, that switching off the fans is really not good idea, even when they purchase SSD disks only to the NAS. Doesn’t matter what kind of NAS they will chose. Then this “disadvantage” is pointless.

2. Features. I really don’t understand how the range off free of charge features should be mentioned as disadvantages of reviewed model, include the mention about more powerful CPU. Every NAS model has their on specific positioning/targeting.

3. Value. Is this review about 4bay NAS or about 8bay NAS? What this can be as disadvantage for this model?

There is missing Pros/Cons stage for the second NAS in review, strange. Also some awareness about Intel CPU fail.
Your point?

Would agree with you on this. There is no question that all models have pros and cons but this list of cons is a bit off. The main thing that I disagree with it is the features comment. "If you need to do ALL of them at once" What does this imply? There is not a single device that you can fill with that eventually won't be sufficient.

to be sure, ownership of Synology products is not a base of critical point of view lose to Synology. We don’t need to cover Synology position. But this review is out of clear glass of vine.

Would agree with you on this. There is no question that all models have pros and cons but this list of cons is a bit off. The main thing that I disagree with it is the features comment. "If you need to do ALL of them at once" What does this imply? There is not a single device that you can fill with that eventually won't be sufficient.
Indeed - it would take some doing to use ALL the features a 918+ has at the same time...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.