NAS Compares Synology DS920+ vs QNAP TS-453D NAS Drive Comparison

Currently reading
NAS Compares Synology DS920+ vs QNAP TS-453D NAS Drive Comparison

Comparing the Synology DS920+ vs the QNAP TS-453D NAS Drive

These days, whatever you are doing, it creates data. It is becoming increasingly hard these days not to leave a digital footprint, A trace of your whereabouts, or a few you bits and bytes of what you are doing. In fact, many of us do this voluntarily, utilising third-party services from Google Microsoft and DropBox that although convenient does make us wonder how much of our data is truly private. It is for reasons like this that many of us choose to move away from public cloud services like Google Drive and Dropbox in favour of purchasing a network-attached storage solution for home and business. Having your own server that can be accessed by the network or anywhere in the world is remarkably appealing and the technology has not only reached a price point that is considered affordable, but also at a technological standard that makes it hugely desirable. In this arena, we find the biggest brands currently in commercial NAS drives from Synology and QNAP. For a number of years, these two brands have provided solutions that not only feature cutting-edge hardware are in the field of servers, but also award-winning software that is more than simple drag-and-drop file management and is considerably more comparable to entire operating systems, with their own applications, desktops, tools and customisation. Both companies have been producing solutions for a number of years and their latest iteration of the popular desktop series have arrived and people are already comparing these two hot NAS devices. The Synology DS920+ is generally considered to be the more user-friendly of the pair, but to the QNAP TS-453D NAS on the other hand, is considered to be the more capable. Both have their own advantages and disadvantages and those who are new to the industry may find choosing between them rather difficult. Never fear, today I’m going to talk about both of these devices and help you decide which one deserves your data.

Continue reading...
- - -

Check out FREE NAS advice section on nascompares.com

thing twice

Best NAS for Plex Media Server = The QNAP TS-453D (because of the hardware advantages overall)
Note:
Same CPUs in both NASes, same RAM modules, same impact of transcoding for the HW, same codec support, but Qnap is better
OFC, I forgot, that 2x2.5Gbps LAN NICs is counting for 60Mbs bandwidth of 4k full equipped movies. God bless us again such reviews.

Best NAS for Surveillance = A Tie (the QNAP TS-453D has more camera licenses, but the Synology DS920+ has the better software
I’m speechless

Best NAS for Virtual Machines = The QNAP TS-453D (because of the hardware advantages, as well as the more capable support options)
Note:
again same CPU, same RAM modules

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.