NAS
DS920+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. other
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hi đź‘‹

synology ds920+ ram compatibility used without any problem??

16gb ram

1/ 16GB D4ECSO-2666-16G 260-Pin DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 ECC Sodimm RAM | Memory for Synology​

2/

Crucial 16GB Single DDR4 2666 MT/s (PC4-21300) DR X8 SODIMM 260-Pin Memory - CT16G4SFD8266​

3/

Kingston 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ SODIMM​

Yes this is question ? For Owners experiences ... Indeed all of what is mentioned is working but I want the best

Upvote 0
ECC Ram is not supported on the DS920+ so RAM #1 is out.

Synology state that 16GB DDR4 is not supported, only 8GB, so please bear that in mind if you require support (and keep your original RAM handy in case of warranty repair). Synology only have available a 4GB non-ECC memory upgrade for the DS920+, albeit at an exorbitant cost for a commodity stick of RAM.

RAM #2 is said to work on forums all over the internet, but two sticks of the Crucial RAM that i tried in two different units resulted in the units not booting.

RAM#3 is what I was using, but gets the dreaded "Incompatible memory" alert in DSM, despite appearing to function ok.

I ended up dropping back to using 8GB SODIMMs in both units for 12GB total, including the soldered 4GB. I used Samsung M471A1K43CB1-CTD as per Synology: Which RAM to Buy For DS720+ NAS

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.