NAS Compares Synology DS923+ NAS Unofficial Memory Upgrades – Crucial, Kingston, Sabrent, 64GB?

Currently reading
NAS Compares Synology DS923+ NAS Unofficial Memory Upgrades – Crucial, Kingston, Sabrent, 64GB?

Last edited by a moderator:

How to Upgrade the RAM in your Synology DS923+ to 32GB and 64GB RAM Officially/Unofficially

The Synology DS923+ NAS is a NAS system that arrives with an impressive middle ground between Power, Efficiency and Price, thanks to that AMD Ryzen R1600 CPU, flexibility in a 10GbE upgrade, storage expandability and (of course) arriving with ECC memory. The DS923+ is one of the latest generation of Diskstation devices (in the 2023 series) that seems to be targeting the more advanced SMB user, prioritizing throughput and performance, whilst also doubling down on data integrity with things like BTRFS and ECC memory. However, the system arrives with 4GB, but can be upgraded officially to a very impressive 32GB (for the scale of the system)! So, there are users that might want to upgrade that memory on Day 1 in order to remove any kind of potential bottleneck down the line (VMs, Databases, Surveillance, etc) or even just users that have set up the device to their own unique setup – but noticed that Memory usage is constantly hovering at the 60-70%. Synology NAS systems use quite proficient intelligent background memory use and flushing, but nevertheless, there are still plenty of users who want to scale up the base-level memory. In this article, I will show you how to upgrade the memory on your Synology DS923+ NAS, but also I will show several 3rd party (i.e Unofficial modules) that I have tested in this NAS.

Synology-DS923-NAS-Drive-Review-2-scaled.webp

Continue reading...
- - -

Check out FREE NAS advice section on nascompares.com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.