NAS Compares Synology DSM vs QNAP QTS – Which NAS Software is Best for You?

Currently reading
NAS Compares Synology DSM vs QNAP QTS – Which NAS Software is Best for You?

Last edited by a moderator:

Synology DSM vs QNAP QTS NAS Software & Hardware Comparison​

When buying a NAS drive, it’s important to consider the software included with the purchase. Brands like Synology and QNAP offer different software designs, user priorities, and learning curves. Even if you plan to mostly use third-party software, you will still need to interact with the NAS software and GUI. The software for these brands is constantly evolving, so it’s difficult to compare them in a definitive way. However, we can examine their strengths and weaknesses to determine which one is best for you.

Synology-DSM-7.0-vs-DSM-6.2-Should-You-Upgrade-Medium.gif

Continue reading...
- - -

Check out FREE NAS advice section on nascompares.com

I wish!
My Synology NAS DS614 has just been nothing more than a plastic box with hard disks in it for me, useless for anything other than archiving, which is not why I bought it.
No browser, no Docker, no speedtest tools, & an Internet bitrate that is <1% of my gigabit router bitrate & what I get with normal up/downloads from the PC that's connected to it!
It's just an expensive external hard disk. :/

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.