Status
Not open for further replies.
NAS
DS918+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Has anyone figured out how to add existing folders and subfolders of pictures to the Synology Photos beta?

I have just made the switch from Moments to Synology Photos on the back of the DSM7.0 beta upgrade... and first impressions are underwhelming. I was expecting major advances given all the hype this year. One really annoying issue - My Albums have all been carried across, but they are now in a random order - no longer in strict chronological order according to the date/time stamps of the photos within. Has anyone worked out how to sort albums?

Upvote 0
I was hoping to use my current folder structure. I am assuming that's not possible with the beta at least.
My setup on the folder level looks the same in Photos as well, like folders.

Screenshot 2020-12-12 at 09.56.04.png

Screenshot 2020-12-12 at 09.58.39.png

Just make sure to have the "folder" view option selected in the top right corner (just before the filter one). Maybe your view is in "timeline" mode.

Upvote 0
What is the difference with creating a folder (under photos tab) and creating an album under the album tab?

Also is there a way to set permission on the individual folders (or albums)? Or is everything in the shared space visible all at once based on the root folder permission of /photo.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.