NAS Compares Synology Embracing the Use of AI Integration in their Collaboration Suite Applications

Currently reading
NAS Compares Synology Embracing the Use of AI Integration in their Collaboration Suite Applications

Last edited by a moderator:

Synology ChatGPT? Integrating an Optional AI in Synology Office & Mail Plus​

When Synology hosted their Solutions exhibition parallel with the Computex 2023 event over in Taipei, it was always going to be a certainty that I would attend. Aside from featuring this brand regularly on the NASCompares YouTube Channel and Blog, I have always been impressed by the brand’s incredible prioritization of it’s software above all else. Although this can occasionally be to their detriment in the eyes of more hardware-focused users, no one could question the quality and level of R&D that has gone into DSM and its range of services. However, although a lot of new hardware was on show at their event, alongside pre-set demonstration stations to overview their abilities, the thing that REALLY stood out for me was an ‘in development’ feature to integrate AI support services into key DSM applications. Now, currently, the big buzzword in AI is ChapGPT of course. With everyone from beginners and enthusiasts, all the way to multinational corporations starting to discover the benefits of integrating AI into their workflow and operations. What Synology demo’d at their event, although clearly in early development, was a clear and considered implementation of the benefits of AI assistance from within the Synology ecosystem – more precisely those in the collaboration suite. In the demo, they showed how they were in the early steps of providing AI assistance in numerous areas of content creation and communication. Currently, this was shown in Synology Mail Plus and Synology Office. So, today I want to talk through how this was shown and what we can look forward to as functionality is slowly rolled out.

Synology-AI-Integration-Synology-Mail-Plus-and-Office-0-Medium.png

Continue reading...
- - -

Check out FREE NAS advice section on nascompares.com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.