Router
  1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Last edited:
I installed a Timetec 8GB DDR4 2666MHz (DDR4-2666) PC4-21300 Non-ECC Unbuffered 1.2V CL19 1Rx8 Single Rank 260 Pin in my new 920+ after reading similar success stories and thought this would be simple. It booted after install, and everything looked fine..... Until I decided to perform the official Synology Memory Test through the Assistant. I turned on the ADMIN account as directed, and started the Memory Test.... It progress bar took about 5 minutes to get to 90% and then Shut down. I read where rebooting would occur and waited..... 10 Minutes later still nothing. Fearing something was not right, I then decided to remove the 8GB stick and then tried to reboot. It then presented a message that I would need I needed to Reset my password. I then stopped, and Re-booted the NAS and this time it allowed me to return to the DSM, but came up with a new message that the “Storage Pool Degraded” and had “Bad Sectors” on one of my old drives and one of my new drives ( I have two new Seagate 3TB and one older WD 3TB) . It gave me an option of “Repair” which I did and it instantly cleared the Fault, and that was last night. Its been running since then with no issues.

So... what to do next? I was planning to pull the 3 Drives that are currently installed, and install a single new spare drive I have to perform the next series of tests with the memory installed again. I just don't wish to chance losing the setup and files on those 3 drives. I'm assuming that I can do this swap without performing any Migration procedures... just the 3 drives for the single just to test the memory once again, but does this make sense as a safe procedure?

Update.... I went ahead and reinstalled the Memory, but this time with a single spare drive. Went through the same procedures as before, and 12 GB did show as prior. This time the Memory Test function in the Assistant was Greyed out..... it would not turn "on".... I read a post where it was suggested to Re-Boot the NAS and that cured it for him, and I did the same using the DSM to Re-Boot.... This time the NAS Shut Down and the message ' NAS IS REBOOTING" became stuck in a loop. The progress bar cycled, but the NAS never turned on after 15 minutes.

I pulled the Memory, reinstalled my set of drives, and am now aiting to be sure all is okay again... without the new memory upgrade....

Frustrating!

Attachments

• Storage pool degrade.jpg
    Storage pool degrade.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 70

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.