NAS
DS118
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi All:

My Synology NAS (DS118 and 2xDS218play) are very slow to respond afetr they go to sleep (can take a minute to come back online). Can't find any settings to change this. It's a pain when saving or opening a file to have to wait this long before anything happens. Once it wakes up, it works fine. It's also a lot slower to wake up that my 8 year ols Western Digital MyCloud EX2.

Anybody got any ideas how I can improve the response time?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Similar threads

Welcome! To start, the switch here is probably not the issue but just to be on the safe side, check in...
Replies
Views
Reuse in matter or minutes. New container on the new device with docker using the existing volume. BW will...
Replies
Views
So I've set up Tailscale for everything, and I'm not sure what I will stick with. It's fine for me, but...
Replies
Views
FileZilla ftp’s to the NAS just fine. Kinda points at AliExpress cams. Asked Support if they’ve tried FTP...
Replies
Views
Correct, but DSM offers something called SHR (Synology Hybrid Raid). That is the default raid array that...
Replies
Views
Thank you, I was not aware of this table. From my database you can see which manufacturers' memories are...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I think it's going to be one of those, 'you'll know when you need to upgrade' type of things. Until then...
Replies
Views

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back