ram-studio.hr
NAS
DS1817+, RS1221+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hi,

I have DS 1817+ and added in Dual 10Gbit SFP+ Synology NIC so i can have 10Gbit link to my switches/PC.
And all that works fine for years. I've even used Bond/Dual 10Gbit (Using DAC cables) to make it 20Gbit throughput (just because it can not 'coz I need it now ;)).

But since no Synology Add in card supports Wake On Lan (WoL) feature, i still have connected one Synology 1GBit RJ45 LAN port, so I can wake up NAS when I need it (It's my backup NAS so it's not on all the time).

BUT problem I have is that IF I use WoL function then all what i copy/work on NAS is using RJ45 1Gbit port and limiting me to 115-120MB/s regardless of me having Network connections order set to 10Gbit card/NIC first.
And If I boot NAS by pressing actual power button then it's fine, then it uses 10Gbit card for all the transfers on that session..

Is there a way to force it to use 10Gbit card every time regardless of me using 1Gbit port for WoL ?

P.S. Each NIC has it's own static IP address.

Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.