DS620slim, DS415+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. macOS
  3. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Just a warning as I like you all so much, and I would like to prevent you messing up your photo folders as well...

I am an old fashioned guy that used photo station for many years. My photos are structured by year (1990, 1991, 1992 etc).
Therefore I do use folder view and now since V7, synology photo.

A few weeks ago, I was alerted by hyper backup that I exceeded the daily GB limit. So went out to check, as I was not aware of adding a lot of data.
Found out that only photos were in the backup, many top level folders 1996, 2012, 2013 etc were missing and these were all moved to other years and even subfolders within the years.
Then I found out that if you open DS photo on the DS in folder view (folder list on left panel), using a touch screen (W10 ultrabook with touch, or ipad) and swipe up or down, IMMEDIATELY folders/files are being moved with the swipe, no signal, no warning.

for sure I checked the file station as well, as it has similar screen, but fortunately that one is ok.
I hate inconsistencies like this in a UI, and had a lot of work fixing the folders.

Synology support is friendly and explain to me that I should use the mobile apps (i do for viewing, but it has limited functionality and my W10 ultrabook does not have a mobile app).

So keep clear from the DS photo app on the DS if you use a touch screen.

cheers

Last edited:
My support request has been escalated by support to a feature request at the dev team.
They plan to make the behaviour of touch screen in the desktop Photo identical to File Station behaviour (effectively needing a long press before a move is initiated).
Hope to make photo a better application..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.