Synology Photo Station Uploader with new Photos?

Currently reading
Synology Photo Station Uploader with new Photos?

NAS
DS214SE
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Switched from DSM 6 TO 7 two days ago and now using Synology Photos. Not sure why, but all my Photo folders appear in DS File on my iPad (2005 - 2020), but I only see folders 2014 - 2020 On Sinologist Photos. When I make a new folder on DS File, it almost immediately syncs and appears in Synology Photos. I have let it sit for two days with no change. Is there something else I have to do? Also wondering if the Synology Photo Station Uploader will work with DSM 7? If not, will a replacement be available soon? I am almost regretting updating from DSM 6 to 7 as I really used that Synology Photo Station Uploader all the time and used DS photo on my iPad all the time without issues.

please direct me to the answers.

matt

I turned off ipv6 on the windows and the nas. Then restarted synology photos, looks like the indexing is back working. Weird. I’ll give it a few days. Might be time to upgrade to a newer DS model.

would still like a replacement for Photo Station Uploader though. That worked awesome when I used it.

Nice subject line, btw, very clarifying. Just fyi...
I thought so. the tags help clarify what the issue is about.

My father always told me that if you don’t have anything productive to say, keep your trap shut. Your judgement of the title does not really help me at all so perhaps you should heed his advice in the future. Nothing is gained by being a jerk to anyone.

I thought so. the tags help clarify what the issue is about.

My father always told me that if you don’t have anything productive to say, keep your trap shut. Your judgement of the title does not really help me at all so perhaps you should heed his advice in the future. Nothing is gained by being a jerk to anyone.
Sorry. I thought you might be teachable. BTW, tags don't enumerate in the New Posts or Unread Posts... but apparently that is of no interest here either. And a quick glance at others' subject line postings would only be a distraction. I'm gone now.

You must fun at parties.
-- post merged: --

Sorry. I thought you might be teachable. BTW, tags don't enumerate in the New Posts or Unread Posts... but apparently that is of no interest here either. And a quick glance at others' subject line postings would only be a distraction. I'm gone now.
You must really fun at parties.

Play nicely.

It’s much better to summarise the problem in the subject because otherwise all we’d have is 4132 threads titled ‘Help’. I don’t look at tags and rarely remember to look at which sub-forum is used. Mostly I’m looking in the feed of latest posts.

4 Posts, no presentation and treating a forum veteran who directs you to guidelines for better title for understanding the issue in a glance like this is not the good attitude I think.
This is how your thread shows for those monitoring the new posts :

1629496411010.png

And I agree, thats not telling very much ...
Hope it clarifies why he asked for a more detailed title.

4 Posts, no presentation and treating a forum veteran who directs you to guidelines for better title for understanding the issue in a glance like this is not the good attitude I think.
This is how your thread shows for those monitoring the new posts :

View attachment 4250

And I agree, thats not telling very much ...
Hope it clarifies why he asked for a more detailed title.
First off, yes, it wasn't a very illuminating title.

But a "forum veteran" should be able to get their point across without resorting to sarcasm and snark, don't you think? If he wanted to be helpful, he could have just said something like "More people are likely to read you post and want to help if you put a simple summary of the problem you're experiencing in the title".

I'm new here also, and "help" like @Telos provided can be very off-putting. And I didn't even realise "Just fyi..." was a link to actual help. Again, something like "here's a link that might help: Use meaningful, specific subject headers" might have been a better way to get the message across. Passive/aggressive snipes like "Sorry. I thought you might be teachable." & "BTW, tags don't enumerate in the New Posts or Unread Posts... but apparently that is of no interest here either." are also hot helpful.

On the other hand, @fredbert's post was respectful and actually helpful, also explaining why posts with titles like "Confused" might not be read by many people.

@snoop you said "Hope it clarifies why he asked for a more detailed title.", but that's just it @Telos didn't ASK for anything. Instead, he was rude and condescending to a newbie. That kind of thing shouldn't be acceptable from anyone, let alone a "forum vereran".

Ok, let's not use the word veteran here likely, and let's all stay on topic, please. I am sure that we can change the title if that rubs someone the wrong way, but considering there are now half a dozen posts and the story hasn't really started on the subject, how about we actually contribute to the topic at hand?

"veteran" or not, everyone here should uphold the terms and rules, and everyone will be sanctioned if those rules are not followed. I agree that if someone has nothing to contribute to the matter they should just stay off that topic, but this bickering is really not helping anyone.

I'm sure that as soon as anyone will have a valid point to contribute to this matter and the OP's question, they will post it.

Thank you all again and as @fredbert said, play nice.

I apologize if the lack of detail in my title did not meet the high standards of the Synology Forum on my first post. That said - I stand by my replies. Nothing helpful has yet to be offered for my question Besides snark and condescension.

So I am still confused. Is there a replacement for Photo Station Uploader or not? if not, is there a different process I should be using to import photos into the NAS. I am all for upgrading my hardware from a DS214SE to a newer DS220+ if it significantly speeds up the processing delay. Otherwise, perhaps I look elsewhere for my storage needs. I use the DS214SE primarily for photo, document, and music storage. If I cannot get access to my pictures from my phone, then the NAS is not worth the hassle.
-- post merged: --

First off, yes, it wasn't a very illuminating title.

But a "forum veteran" should be able to get their point across without resorting to sarcasm and snark, don't you think? If he wanted to be helpful, he could have just said something like "More people are likely to read you post and want to help if you put a simple summary of the problem you're experiencing in the title".

I'm new here also, and "help" like @Telos provided can be very off-putting. And I didn't even realise "Just fyi..." was a link to actual help. Again, something like "here's a link that might help: Use meaningful, specific subject headers" might have been a better way to get the message across. Passive/aggressive snipes like "Sorry. I thought you might be teachable." & "BTW, tags don't enumerate in the New Posts or Unread Posts... but apparently that is of no interest here either." are also hot helpful.

On the other hand, @fredbert's post was respectful and actually helpful, also explaining why posts with titles like "Confused" might not be read by many people.

@snoop you said "Hope it clarifies why he asked for a more detailed title.", but that's just it @Telos didn't ASK for anything. Instead, he was rude and condescending to a newbie. That kind of thing shouldn't be acceptable from anyone, let alone a "forum vereran".
Thanks for pointing out my thoughts exactly. If I could change the title, I would.

Is there a replacement for Photo Station Uploader or not?
Not that I'm aware. But I didn't use it before.

What is you photography flow? Images created where; initially stored where; backed up/copied to NAS from where.

It sounded that the indexing was now working and so you've got the access to Synology Photos using the Photos Mobile app, or am I missing something?

Not that I'm aware. But I didn't use it before.

What is you photography flow? Images created where; initially stored where; backed up/copied to NAS from where.

It sounded that the indexing was now working and so you've got the access to Synology Photos using the Photos Mobile app, or am I missing something?
iPhone to portable hard drive to nas. I usually sort them by month and what they are. The tool was great. Right click and send it to where I wanted it on the NAS. It did the indexing somehow before getting to the Nas or at least made the process better.
starting to see all the folders now on Synology Photos. Reinstalled the app and it looks much better. I will give it a week to index and then upload a months worth to see if it is better.

[Moderator action: Changed subject to reflect question about using Synology Photo Station Uploader with the new Synology Photos package.]

@pugmohone you're not alone in being frustrated in how Synology Photos has not reflected how Synology trailed it as the best of Photo Station and Moments. But any feedback on how and what you're doing to get it working will be welcome here. Or new questions, just make sure to give us a clue in the subject ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.